Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Scotty McCreery Reveals Major American Idol Audition Secrets on Twitter

Out of the Carolina blue, American Idol?Season 10?winner Scotty McCreery?decided to take to Twitter to reveal some behind-the-scenes scoop from back when he auditioned. Needless to say, Scotty revealed some secrets that we've never heard before about his Idol process.

He said (in a series of tweets): "Fun Fact: For the?Idol?auditions you have to sing a song that is cleared by the show for rights and stuff. 'Your Man' wasn't cleared my audition day. If you sang a song that wasn't cleared, they wouldn't put your audition on TV, which makes it tough on your chances of making the show. I told the producers I didn't care and I was singing 'Your Man.' Miraculously, about 15 mins before my audition, they told me they got it cleared! If that had not happened, we would've never got to hear Steven's crazy line, and who knows if I'd be here today!"

Hmm, we're happy for Scotty and all, but that sounds fishy. Back in the first stages of auditioning, Scotty also revealed that a producer told him "This isn't Nashville Star" and told him to sing a non-country song. The teen chose to sing "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra.

"Imagine that in my voice, haha," he tweeted. In a later audition round, the producers threw him another curveball, singing Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance." Midway through the "rah-rah" intro, Scotty said he stopped and told them "this ain't on my country station back home, I don't know this." He then said that they burst out laughing and said they just wanted to hear it in a country voice.

"I'll try n think of some other cool stories and have twitter story time on here again sometime. Hope y'all enjoyed a little inside scoop." Better not reveal too much, Scotty, or else the Idol?police will come after you!

Source:?Scotty McCreery on Twitter, Hollywood Reporter?

Source: http://feeds.wetpaint.com/~r/american-idol/latest/excerpt/~3/wvT5uRY8mAE/2013-07-22-scotty-mccreery-reveals-major-secrets

Jennifer Lacy Honey Baked Ham hostess israel AMA BCS Standings 2012 American Music Awards 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment